Friday, February 17, 2017

a speedy, first rant from Moriarty from Midland

When I read memos from my dean, I want to vomit.  I am alone.  I think everyone I work with has been brainwashed.  I only read RYS a few times because I had hope then.  I don't feel hopeful at all now, so I am more desperately in need of your blog.  Please stay, Zooze.  Between the comments on Monday's entry, "Professor Resigns Amid Cheating Allegations, from InsideHigherEd", and the latest entries at the AAUP's Academe Blog, I just feel despair.

Can you please call me Moriarty from Midland?


4 comments:

  1. Yes, it's all I can do not to shake too many of my colleagues and scream, "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!?" One reason I don't do this is that the answer may be yes.

    Welcome, Prof. Moriarty! So, are you still teaching intro calculus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have received no response to this question from Moriarty, and I'm not at liberty to reveal his field. But the question made me laugh. As far as I know, Moriarty also is a "long-time listener, first-time caller."

      Delete
    2. It was Sherlock Holmes who revealed Professor Moriarty's field, in "The Seven-Percent Solution," but of course that isn't a Conan Doyle.

      Delete
  2. My dean is OK, but his ideas for opposing the worst of Batshit U's dumb ideas are pretty poor.

    When it comes to colleagues, the one I least want to shake isn't tenured yet, and the problem with shaking the others is that they then become even less able to resist the encroaching madness.

    On that positive note, "welcome" to you, Moriarty.

    ReplyDelete